The Old Aldenhamian Society ("OA Society") Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use.
The OA Web Site ("the Site") comprises two areas, the "public area" and the "members only" area. Use of any part of the Site is subject to the following Terms and Conditions, which take effect immediately (on your first use of the Site). The Committee of the OA Society ("OA Committee") reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. Revised Terms and Conditions become effective immediately they are posted on-line.
1. You are responsible for reading these Terms and Conditions regularly. Continued use of the Site after revised Terms and Conditions have been posted on-line constitutes your acceptance of them.
2. Material from the Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcasted or transmitted in any way except for your own personal, non commercial use. Any other usage requires the prior written permission of the OA Committee.
3. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and not to use the Site to record or transmit material which is or could be considered obscene or offensive.
4. The Site and all information contained within it is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis without any representations or endorsements made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. In no event will the OA Society, its officers or the OA Committee be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site. The OA Society does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor that defects will be corrected, nor that the Site or the server which makes it available are free of viruses or bugs, nor does the OA Society warrant or represent the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the material contained in the Site.
5. If you submit any contribution to the Site (including without limitation any text, graphics, video or audio) you grant to the OA Society a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such contribution or work worldwide. If you do not wish to grant such rights it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to the Site. By submitting your contribution to the Site, you also:
a. Warrant that such contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the OA Society for all the purposes specified above;
b. Indemnify the OA Society against all legal fees, damages and other expenses which may be incurred as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
c. Agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the OA Site and the other purposes specified above.
6. The "members only" area of the Site is accessible only to members of the OA Society as defined in the Rules of the OA Society, via a password access system. Your password must be kept confidential and not disclosed to any other person.
7. The Site Administration may at its discretion, at any time and for any reason de-activate access for one or more members. Such de-activations will be reviewed at the next OA Committee Meeting following which your access will, at the discretion of the OA Committee, either be re-activated or remain de-activated indefinitely.
By accessing the Site, you accept the Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you do not have permission to access the contents of the Site and you should cease using the Site immediately.